8.1.0 Release Notes
Released on January 24, 2017
- The Form block can now display output from an existing Express entity object, as well as create a new custom form from scratch.
- Multilingual sites can output for related pages by setting the site.sites.default.multilingual.set_alternate_hreflang config variable to true (thanks mlocati!)
- You can now hide the footer My Account menu with a setting in the Profiles Dashboard page (thanks mlocati)
- Much improved time zone support; fixes a number of bugs, inconsistencies, tests for database and PHP time zone matching (thanks mlocati)
- Updated CKEditor to 4.6; much better CKEditor appearance and button wrapping behavior (thanks MrKarlDilkington!)
- Make welcome background image cover full width and height (thanks MrKarlDilkington)
- DateTime widget - change default displayed past years from 10 to 100 (thanks MrKarlDilkington)
- Fixed; File Manager Upload does not reflect most recently uploaded files if user doesn't select "View Uploaded"
- Improved thumbnail generation when using the BasicThumbnailer classes – better support for page caching while generating thumbnails, throttling and better performance when generating thumbnails.
- Added toolbar tooltips, defaulted to true but with options to disable in Accessibility settings (thanks seebaermichi)
- Share This Page block now includes full request URI, making it easier to share pages with custom URL parameters (thanks HamedDarragi)
- Image Slider block now includes option for both bullets and arrows (thanks Siton-Design)
- Fixed Resize images client side using 2x downsampling on upload results in jagged images (thanks MrKarldilkington)
- Page Attribute Display block delimiter option works with topics (thanks MrKarlDilkington)
- Add a semi colon to separate JS scripts in cache
- Page Type Form shows its icons at all times, appears nicer (thanks MrKarlDilkington)
- Miscellaneous style improvements (thanks ramonleenders, MrKarlDilkington)
- Upgrade improvements and bug fixes
- When moving a file from one storage location to another the thumbnails will also be moved (thanks Mnkras)
- Increased max amount of size slider (thanks MrKarlDilkington)
Express Bug Fixes
- Fix success error when submitting Express Form with two forms on a page.
- Fixed bug where Express many to many associations weren’t named correctly, so working with them programmatically didn’t work.
- More reliable deletion of express objects when they have associations to other objects"
- Fixed Express Entities can't be used in a form unless the user is an administrator
- Fixed Script error when express attribute edited in dashboard form results
Other Bug Fixes
- Removed dummy autoloader added to bootstrap/app.php (shouldn’t affect any applications, but shouldn’t be there anyway.)
- Permissions fixed in the file manager.
- Fixed incorrect characters displaying when dragging a stack icon (thanks katzueno)
- Fixed bug where some sites could start rendering -1/ in their paths when editing the home page.
- Fixed double submit bugs when forms or external forms were placed on the home page.
- Fixed errors that would occur when moving or copying aliases
- Fixed http://www.concrete5.org/developers/bugs/8-0-3/404-for-the-dashboard-page-cmsindex.phpdashboardhome/
- Fixed Dashboard file manager menu clipping on in folders without a lot of files (thanks MrKarlDilkington)
- Fix exception being thrown when the workflow requester was deleted (thanks jaromirdalecky)
- Better permissions protection on file manager with File Uploader access entity; better permissions protection on moving files in file manager.
- Fixed PageList::filterByPath returning no pages when working on multilingual sections (thanks OlegsHanins)
- Minor localization issues with Punic calendar library fixed (thanks ahukkanen)
- Fixed File manager file menu does not reflect accurate file after moving files
- Fixed bug where sitemap selector widget didn’t select pages (thanks Mesuva)
- Fixed: Page types with attributes throw errors when copied
- Fixed: Validate Password tokens don’t reset when email is changed (thanks Mnkras)
- Fixed Manual global cache time is displayed wrong on page cache settings (thanks mlocati)
- Fixed delete file storage location ERROR
- Fix filtering of topics in page list block when filtering by topic category
- Fixed FAQ - Delete Entry breaks the Save button (thanks MrKarlDilkington)
- Fixed Invalid block type handle exception during upgrade from 126.96.36.199 to 8.0.3 on sites where the RSS DIsplayer block was removed.
- Fixed: Setting a select attribute default value for page types results in foreign key constraint error in composer
- Fixed: Default Page Attributes do not persist
- Fixed bugs where discarding page drafts might cause page blocks to no longer be editable in composer.
- Fixed: Page Attribute default value not set in composer view
- Fixed exception when dealing with Oauth in bindUser method in some setups.
- Updated Zend Mail component to 2.7.2 to fix security issues.
- Fixed: https://www.concrete5.org/developers/bugs/8-0-3/author-attribute-is-very-tall-when-editing-attributes-from-the-d/
- Added CSRF protection to Forgot Password (thanks Mnkras)
- Fixed Page Attribute - Issue with deleting Rich Text Attribute
- Fix unsanitized file set name displayed in add to sets dialog.
- A new search indexing service provider is available, enabling the use of third party search platforms rather than built-in MySQL search for pages. Currently relatively low level and offering our single MySQL implementation, it nevertheless is a good start for adding support for other services like Elasticsearch, Solr and more.
- Developers can implement getPackageTranslatableStrings() in their package controller in order to specify custom strings to add to the translation repository.
- Bug fixes in custom package entity manager configurations (thanks Kaapiii)
- Miscellaneous code commenting (thanks Mnkras)
- Upgrade Monolog to v1.22.0 (thanks mlocati)
- Upgrade Punic to 1.6.4, fixes certain incompatibilities with Symfony Intl.