8.5.4 Release Notes
Released June 9, 2020
- Fixing update errors that can happen (Update causes exception): https://github.com/concrete5/concrete5/issues/8729 (thanks mlocati)
- 8.5.3 incorrectly enabled multisite extensions that aren’t ready until version 9. These are disabled in 8.5.4.
- Fix certain occasions where editing pages would result in composer being unable to load blocks. Fixes error “Unable to load block into composer” (Note: this will fix the issue for pages going forward, but existing pages with this error will not be resolved.)
Additional Functionality Present in 8.5.3 not described in previous release notes
New Features (Note: some of these are present in 8.5.3)
- Added the ability to copy, paste, import and export style customizer settings at the page level (thanks mlocati)
- Added new public identifier property to express entries; you can use this identifier to relate entries to each other, or within custom API requests in such a way that it can’t be guessed.
- Added a new Group custom attribute type for use with Express.
- Added the ability to specify file storage locations at the file folder level (thanks marvinde)
- Added the ability to send private messages to all users in a specific group.
- CSV files exported from Express objects now containing association data.
- Added the ability to show/hide survey results in the survey block.
- Added a console command to export express entities.
- Added the ability to require associations be selected in Express forms.
- Running the reindex search all function will now reindex all Express entities and entries as well.
Behavioral Improvements (Note: some of these are present in 8.5.3)
- Improvements to code quality, speed and efficiency (thanks mlocati)
- Improvements to file importer code quality, better sanitization of problematic SVGs on upload. (thanks mlocati)
- Much improved address attribute logic and presentation for non North American countries/provinces/states – see https://github.com/concrete5/concrete5/issues/7943 (thanks ahukkanen)
- We now refresh the file manager after changing properties (thanks marvinde)
Developer Improvements (Note: some of these are present in 8.5.3)
- Added coding style guideline sniffer using phpcs directly into the concrete5 console (thanks mlocati)
- Refactored file importer, added support for pre and post processors (thanks mlocati)
- Generalizes IP Blocking, making it easier for developers to add support for blocking IPs based on custom actions (thanks mlocati)
- Cleanup and improvements to the c5:package:pack command (thanks mlocati)