Changing around basic content and functionality with concrete5 is simple:
1. Login to the CMS. This url will always get you to a login page: yoursite.com/index.php/login
2. Go to the page where you want to make an edit, just as you normally would.
To start making changes to your page, click Pencil icon in the editing toolbar.
The page will reload into edit mode, you can tell because the pencil is now green.
When you're in edit mode, any block or block area you have permission to edit will highlight with an outline when you roll over it:
To edit a block just click on it and select Edit from the pop-up menu.
You can also add new blocks or stacks to the page, just click the + icon in the toolbar:
A panel will slide out showing all the block types installed on your site. Simply drag a block from the panel to where you want it on the page. When you see a green highlight, you know you can drop the block there and it will show up on just this page. A blue highlight means it will show up on every page on the site that has this sitewide global block area.
When you're done making edits, click the pencil icon again to leave edit mode.
- Version Comments - This field is where you can add some explanation of what changed while in edit mode. It'll really help if you need to roll back to an older version later.
- Publish - Save these edits, and make them live for all guests to see, now.
- Save Changes - Save these edits as a new version, but only show that new version to other editors/administrators who have access to edit this page. When they visit this page they will see this most recent version, but regular site visitors will only see the last published version.
- Discard Changes - Throw away all the changes you just made, for ever.